12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India
12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India
12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India has great content. The uploader of this post has uploaded other posts that come with a media file. For more information and detail visit 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India by clicking the in-text link in this paragraph. If you think this is awesome please share it with your friends.
Have you ever imagined having a baby crib for your child, but unfortunately there is no way that you can afford to buy one? Well, this is because most cribs are imported from high income countries and they have a hefty price tag.
If have been looking to find how to build a baby crib in India then you’re at the right place. In the past few years since starting this blog, we have managed to compile 12 initiatives of how people build baby cribs in India with simple material found around the house. This blog will give you an insight into what have been done so far and provide ideas on how to use these techniques for your own creations (if needed). But first let’s have a look at the basics.
Why do people build baby cribs?
There are lots of reasons why people build baby cribs. Most of the time people build a crib so they don’t have to shell out a lot on an imported crib. Some other times, especially in areas where it is hard to find space for a cot/crib, some people prefer building one from scratch. And lastly, some mothers would rather design their own rather than buying from a standard store off-the-rack style of cribs. And if you’re going to build a crib, then what do you need?
We have compiled a list of things that you must have in order to build a baby crib. Things that you’ll need are:
A few strong pieces of wood for the building. There can be one piece of wood for the frame and another for the slats. Some people might want two separate pieces for each to strengthen it up. A pipe or an iron rod or something else to support to start with so it doesn’t topple over while building it. You might also want a few other items such as nails and screws etc while building the crib.
Cribs Cradles Price In India Buy Cribs Cradles Online At Best pertaining to Baby Cribs In India Image Source: bechdo.in
Q: How to Build Baby Cribs ?
A: The first step in building a crib is to pick the building site. Unlike adult cots where adult stores have good places, out of the cribs built in India, they are made on sites that are not too flat. Most of the time, they are built on small foot hills, either close to a road or close to a pond or something that would give it some height. So, you’ll have to check for your site before you start building it.
Once you have picked your site , secure all loose items around it so that nothing moves during construction of the crib. The main structure is the frame and slatted board so pay attention to both them equally.
- Step 1: Take the main wooden plank for the frame and lay it on top of its side. You can use another board or something else to support the top while you’re building other parts.
- Step 2: Depending on your crib design, you can use one board or two boards for the rails / side pieces. If you’re just using one, then just attach it to the bottom of the side plank (the way it is in pic 1). If you want to make sure that nothing will fall out of your crib, then attach both sides (like in pic 2). The second board should be attached with long screws / nails so that they reach deep down into the bottom piece of wood.
- Step 3: Attach the bottom and top piece of wood by using nails and screws. You can either use a real hammer or just lay one board on the other and drive in the nails. Be sure that both sides are secure before you attach the top plank.
- Step 4: Add another small plank to build your crib mattress support. Save up to 3 more pieces of wood for this purpose. Using this method, I’ve used what is known as pillow blocks to build my cribs instead of sturdy boxes filled with foam (as in pic 3). These pillow blocks are hollow inside so I can add any foam sheets inside them later on for extra comfort. These are stackable so it’s easy to place them one at a time where you want it.
- Step 5: Add a piece of wood for the other end of the ridge. Attach it as you did with the side boards. The top board should be smaller than the one at the other end (see picture 4 for details). I usually keep these boards as small as possible to keep my crib as light as possible.
- Step 6: After you’ve built one end, then build another end for your crib and repeat step 5 and 4 to attach it to your crib frame. Now you should have a sturdy frame for your baby crib ready.
Q: How Long Does it Take to Build Cribs?
A: Just like the ‘how to build a baby cribs’ question, the answer to this question depends on so many factors. The first factor is how complex you want your crib to be. If you want to build one with intricate carvings and designs, then you’ll have to spend more time on it. But if you just want a simple one for your child, then you can get it done in just 2 days.
Step 7: While talking about intricacy of designs , if your crib would have any theme or any other motifs written on it , then you should carve them at this step of your crib building process.
Q; What Type of Wood to use?
A: This depends on what type of crib your crib will be made in. There are different types of wood that you can choose from when building your cribs. The most suitable wood for the build is this type known as “white pine” which is sold by any DIY store called ‘DIY Depot’. This is because it has very little grain so it’s easy to cut and sand. I prefer using hardwood plywood, but if you really don’t have much money to spend, then just use the white pine alternative.
Q: What is the Next Step after Building the Frame?
A: After building the frame, you’ll get to the part where you get to build your pillow blocks. The reason I decided to use these is because I like the convenience of them. Instead of filling wood boxes with foam, I can use these blocks which are hollow inside and fill it with foam sheets. Once done, stack them one above another to make a nice looking piece for your baby crib. If you want extra convenience, then you can also get some cushion or something that would give your crib mattress more comfort while keeping it intact too .
Step 8: Once all this is done , it should be time to paint your babies cribs.
Q: Where can I buy Cribs?
A: You can buy cribs from an online store or local stores. If you are buying locally , it would be best to visit one of the companies which are selling cribs in Mumbai . One good option is to visit ‘ Babycare’ which is very popular for their baby cribs . However, if you want to build your own, then there are several tutorials available on YouTube that explain how to build them.
- Step 1: The first step is to start with the Base. Depending on your crib design, you’ll have to build a base which can hold the mattress and can be sturdy enough for your baby to sleep in it. The ideal choice is to use hardwood plywood as it’s strong and will not warp or shrink or crack with time so the material should be strong enough for your baby’s weight. Cut this plywood at 2 inches larger than what you want as this will give you some room so you don’t run out of space when trying to place the mattress inside. To finish off the base, use a lot of nails on all sides of the plywood so that nothing moves around while placing your mattress inside it.
- Step 2: The base gives you the space to fit in your mattress, but that mattress should be supported by something while giving it support. The best way to do this is to build a box with 4-5 wooden planks and place that box inside the plywood base. You’ll have to cut the supporting planks to form a shape like a rectangle and leave enough space so that your baby can move around in his / her crib.
- Step 3: Once this is done, you can now attach the top piece of wood and secure them with nails and screws or if possible, use some sort of glue for extra stability.
- Step 4: Once you have made this part of the crib support, it’s time to build another support for the bottom piece of wood which will hold the mattress. Place 2-3 planks on top of each other with nails and screws so that they are secure.
- Step 5: Now build your second support for your crib just like you did with the first one. I usually keep these boards as small as possible to keep my crib as light as possible.
- Step 6: You would now have one end based structure where you can lay down your mattress, pillows or whatever else that might be needed by your baby.
Q: How Much Does it cost?
When you build your own crib, then it can cost anywhere between ₹ 30 to ₹ 40 thousand depending on the brand and brand options.
Q: Why Build your Own Crib?
A: Building your own crib gives you more control over its final product. Depending on what type of materials you use, the final result will be different. If the wood is too soft , then it might break down while building it. Another thing is that while buying one, you get it prebuilt with all its parts already attached to each other, but if you want to change any part of the structure later on , then that’s not possible. The wooden crib boards also come in different designs and shapes for babies to grow up to toddler years .
Q: When should I buy a Crib?
A: If you were able to build your own crib, then it’s best to wait till the baby is about a year old before buying one. This will give you enough time to make sure that your baby is no longer a baby and has started growing. A crib which has been built by you is also going to be sturdier and hence will last longer than those which are prebuilt. However, if you can’t build one on your own, then just go for the ones that are prewired as they give extra support and comfort as well as complete stability.
Q: Is it Safe to Sleep in a Crib?
A: In general, yes it is safe to sleep in a crib. Even though there are parents who put their babies in playpens from when they are born, there are other parents who feel that the crib puts them at a much safer position. This is because once the baby falls asleep , it’s easier for them to enter and exit and also gives them an option of rocking their babies if they need to. There is also the durability issue that we will get into later on.
Q: Can I take out any part of my Crib?
A: The answer to this question depends on the manufacturer you are buying from. There are some companies that take out this option by saying that it’s too difficult to replace the parts after removing them. On the other hand, there are other companies which allow you to take out any part so that you could change it with something else or reuse it somewhere else. Directly asking to your vendor will help you solve this issue.
Q: What is the best Crib for me?
A: If you were able to build your own crib, then technically you can choose whatever design or color your baby likes best. However, if you were planning to buy a crib then it’s best to choose one which comes with safety features like the ones mentioned below:
Check for safety standards and clear all doubts about whether it is safe enough for your baby or not.
Make sure that the crib is able to prevent suffocation and give proper ventilation by choosing a design which will allow air circulation.
Always check the size of the crib as it may require some extra space for your baby to move around. Also look out for how easy it is to assemble and disassemble the crib as most of them require that you take everything apart before reassembling them if needed.
Q: Which is the Easiest Crib to Assemble?
A: A company called – Babyletto – makes cribs that are made of one single piece and do not require any assembly. However, it’s very important that you check out the construction of these cribs before buying them as they tend to come with low quality standards.
If you were thinking of building your own crib then I’m sure that you’d have a lot more questions in mind. It would be a great idea if you posted all those questions in the comments section below and we’ll make sure that we answer those questions as soon as possible.
Ba Equipment The Yearling House regarding Baby Cribs In India Image Source: theyearlinghouse.wordpress.com
Cribs Cradles Price In India Buy Cribs Cradles Online At Best pertaining to 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: bechdo.in
5 Best Ba Cribs In India 2019 Review And Comparison pertaining to Baby Cribs In India Image Source: www.completebabiescare.com
Wooden Ba Cradle Buy Newborn Ba Wooden Cradle Online India with regard to 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: meemee.in
95 Ba Cribs In India Buy Cradles Cots Indian Style Cradle Litlestuff in 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: www.litlestuff.com
Mee Mee Buy Wooden Ba Cradle With Swing Mosquito Net Online in 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: meemee.in
Swinging Ba Cradle From South India Made Of Hardwood Planks And for 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Indian Style Old Wooden Ba Swing Indian Cradle Jullaparnateek inside 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India Image Source: www.pinterest.comTags :
Pictures gallery of 12 Incredible Initiatives of How to Build Baby Cribs In India
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.